The League was established in 1956 as the Friends of Cuckfield Hospital, which was then the General Hospital for Mid-Sussex. In June 1991 services were transferred from Cuckfield to the new Mid-Sussex General Hospital. The new hospital was officially opened in September 1991 by HRH Princess Anne and it then became the Princess Royal Hospital. Consequently our organisation became the League of Friends of the Princess Royal Hospital, with a revised constitution, incorporating the previously separate Leagues supporting St Francis and Haywards Heath hospitals.
Please watch our short video for a brief on who The friends of the Princess Royal Haywards Heath are and how we make a difference.